Please read the information on the page before making your reservation.
1. Contract for Agent-Organized Tours
Responsibility rests with the company operating Agent-Organized Tours whose name in full appears below and in its tour pamphlets or website. Clients joining such tours shall conclude an Agent-Organized Tour Contract (hereinafter referred to as the Travel Contract) with us.
Keisei Travel Service Co., Ltd.
Keisei Yachiyodai Higashi Bldg. 4F,1-5-3 Yachiyodai Higashi, Yachiyo-shi, Chiba 276-0032
Commissioner of Japan Tourism Agency Registered Travel Agent No. 70
The content and conditions of the contract shall conform to those specified in each tour itinerary, the conditions as specified hereunder, the final itinerary handed to clients before departure (hereinafter referred to as the “Final Tour Itinerary” and the tour contract for agent-organized tours as described in our general terms and conditions as based on the Travel Agency Law.
2. Application of Agent-Organized Tour Contracts and their Conclusion
1. The client shall provide information on our application form as required by us and submit the form together with the necessary reservation deposit. Paid deposit shall be applied to the tour fare, cancellation charges or penalties.
2. We may accept applications for travel contracts by telephone, mail, facsimile, internet and other means of communication. In such cases, the client shall submit the application form and reservation deposit to us within 3 days counting from the day when acceptance of application is confirmed.
3. The Travel Contract shall become valid upon our consent to the conclusion of the contract and receipt of the reservation deposit. If the tour arrangements are made by phone, the Tour Contract shall become valid upon our acceptance of the tour deposit as specified in the Clause 2. When clients request tour arrangements by mail, facsimile, internet or other communication methods, the tour contract shall become valid upon payment of the tour deposit and our notification of acceptance of the tour contract.
3. Special Conditions of Tour Application
1. A client under 20 years of age and traveling alone during the tour period shall provide us with written consent of his/her guardian. Clients under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
2. We may refuse an application if any one of the client’s age, qualifications, skills or other conditions do not conform to those designated for tours aimed at specific customer categories or purposes.
3. Clients who require special attention from us during the tour for reason of chronic disease, general ill-health, pregnancy or physical disability, shall advise us of this when applying for the tour. We shall comply with such requests to the extent deemed feasible and reasonable. And if we take a special arrangement in compliance with the client’s request, the client shall be responsible for incurred expenses related with the request. We may require clients to present a medical certificate. We may refuse a client’s application if conditions at travel destinations and facilities are such that safe, smooth tour operation cannot be guaranteed, or require the client to be accompanies by an escort. In some cases, we shall change a part of the itinerary or recommend the client to join another tour with the minimum extra charge or refuse his/her participating the tour.
4. If we determine that the client needs medical diagnosis or treatment by a physician owing to illness, functional disease or other reasons during the tour, we shall take measures necessary to ensure smooth operation of the tour. All costs resulting from such measures shall be borne by the client.
5. Independent activities for reasons of the client’s own choosing shall not be arranged by us during the tour. However, we may, depending on the tour course, arrange such activities under separate conditions.
6. We may refuse client participation if it determines that he or she threatens to embarrass, inconvenience or interfere with the collective activities of tour participants.
7. We may also refuse client participation for the tour operational reasons.
4. Payment for Tour Fare
The Tour Fare shall be paid no later than the 14th day prior to the eve of the departure date. When application is made on or after the 14th day prior to the eve of the day the tour starts, the tour fare shall be paid before departure by a date designated by us. If the client is a member of our affiliated credit company and consents to pay for the itinerary by credit card, we shall charge the client’s credit card for tour fares (inclusive of tour deposits and additional charges), any cancellation charge or non-fulfillment fee, and additional charges and handling fees even without a signature. In the absence of any request from the client, the card
will be charged on the date the client accepts the itinerary.
5. Tour Fare
1. Clients 12 years of age or more shall be charged adult fare and those aged 6 to 11 shall be charged child fare unless otherwise specified. However, when a tour includes air travel, including accommodations travel, persons aged 3 to 5 will be charged child fare. One child five years of age or less can join the tour in us of an adult, but will receive no services such as meals or bed. If more than one child, one child fare will be charged for each additional child five years of age or less. This does not apply to tours for which infant fares are quoted.
2. The fare is indicated for each tour course. Clients are asked to confirm the fare according to the departure date and the number of participants.
6. Included in the Tour Fare
Expenses for transportation, accommodation, meals, admission fees described in the itinerary and taxes such as the consumption tax.
*We will not refund the above expenses even if you do not use part of them for your own reasons.
7. Not included in the Tour Fare
Fees for transportation, meals, admission not specified in the itinerary, personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages and others) and optional tours.
8. Revision of Travel Service Content
We may, after conclusion of the Travel Contract, revise its contents and services for any of the following reasons: natural calamity or disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, suspension of services rendered by transport/accommodation facilities, provision of transportation not based on the original operational plan, governmental orders, or other circumstances beyond our control. We reserve the right to take necessary measures when safe, smooth tour operation in accordance with the itinerary is deemed impossible, or when there is valid reason to believe that the tour cannot continue. In such cases, we must explain in a timely manner its inability to function according to the Travel Contract under the circumstances. However, said explanation may be made after revisions are made when conditions demand.
9. Change of Tour Fare
We shall, when tour operation costs (including cancellation charges, and other
expenses for tour services unavailable due to the revision of contract content, which clients have already paid or bear obligation to pay) have risen due to one of the reasons stipulated in Article 8 above, revise the tour fare accordingly.
A client who has entered into a Travel Contract may, with our consent, transfer the status in the contract to a third party. In this case, the clients shall enter the required information in the form provided by us an submit it together with the specified handling fee.
11. Cancellation of Travel Contract by the Client
1. A client may cancel a Travel Contract at any time on payment to us of the cancellation fee specified below.
If cancellation notice arrives at us within 2 – 7 days prior to the departure date of the tour30% of the tour price30% of the tour price
|Timing of Cancellation||Cancellation Fee|
|Tours including accommodations||Tours NOT including accommodations|
|（１）||If cancellation notice arrives at us no less than 21 days prior to the departure date of the tour||No Charge||No Charge|
|（２）||If cancellation notice arrives at us within 8 – 20 days prior to the departure date of the tour||20% of the tour price||No Charge|
|（３）||If cancellation notice arrives at us within 2 – 7 days prior to the departure date of the tour||30% of the tour price||30% of the tour price|
|（４）||If cancellation notice arrives at us on the day immediately before the departure date of the tour||40% of the tour price||40% of the tour price|
|（５）||If cancellation notice arrives at us before the departure time on the departure date of the tour||50% of the tour price||50% of the tour price|
|（６）||If cancellation notice arrives at us after the departure time or no cancellation notice is received||100% of the tour price||100% of the tour price|
2. Timing of cancellation is based on Japan time.
3. In case of cancellation due to a credit financing issues beyond our control, the client shall pay the cancellation fees specified by us.
12. Cancellation of Travel Contracts and Tour Operation by us
If the client has not paid the tour fare by the prescribed date, we may cancel the Travel Contract. In such cases, the clients shall pay us the applicable cancellation charge.
In any of the following cases, we may cancel the Travel contract.
a. When it becomes evident that the client does not satisfy the gender, age, qualification, skill of other requirements specified by us for participation in the tour.
b. When the client is recognized as unfit to join the tour owing to illness or for other reasons.
c. When there is evidence that the client threatens to cause other participants embarrassment or inconvenience, or might otherwise interfere with the smooth performance of the collective activities of the tour.
d. When the minimum number of participants as stipulated by us in the Travel Contract has not been met. In such cases, we shall notify the client of tour cancellation no later than 13th day (3rd day for a one-day tour) prior to the eve of departure.
13. Cancellation After Departure
1. Cancellation by client
a. When the client leaves the tour group for personal reasons, we will consider it a forfeiture of contracted rights and claims to any refund.
b. If certain services cannot be provided as promised in the Travel Contract for reasons beyond client responsibility, relevant portions of the contract may be canceled, with an appropriate refund deducted from the total tour fare.
2. Cancellation by us
1) We may cancel the Travel Contract for tours after the departure date in the following cases:
a. When the client is unable to continue the tour owing to illness or other factors.
b. When the client seems to disturb the order of collective activities of tour participants by negligence of instruction from tour conductor or violent deeds or menace towards these people or those accompanying them, which otherwise Jeopardize safety, smooth tour operation.
c. When the tour cannot continue owing to natural disaster, weather conditions,
civil unrest, labor disputes, suspension of services by transportation or accommodation facilities, governmental orders, or other causes beyond our control.
2) Cancellation and refunds:
If we cancel the Travel Contract in accordance with the Clause 2-1) hereinabove, travel services rendered to the client shall be deemed as having been completed, and a refund from the tour fare shall be paid for services not yet rendered. In cases where travel services are not rendered owing to tour cessation, or services for which we have paid, (or will pay) expenses, cancellation charge, penalty, or etc., we will refund only the balance thereof.
14. Our Liability and Exemptions
1. In performing its obligations under the terms of its Tour Contract, should we cause damage to the client through willful negligence or fault, we shall be liable for such damages. However, this only applies if the damage report is made within 2 years reckoned from the day following the occurrence of the damage.
2. We shall not be liable for damages incurred by clients as stipulated in Clause 1 hereinabove if any of the following reasons apply:
a. Natural disaster, war, civil unrest, and alteration or cancellation of tour itinerary due to such causes
b. Accidents during transportation or accommodations, damage by fire
c. Cessation of services related to transportation or accommodation facilities, and tour itinerary alteration or cancellation owing to such causes
d. Order of either Japanese or foreign governments, immigration regulations, isolation resulting from infectious diseases, and tour itinerary alteration or cancellation owing to such causes
e. Accidents occurring during the client’s free activities
f. Orders of either Japanese or foreign governments, immigration regulations, isolation resulting from infectious diseases, and tour itinerary alteration or cancellation owing to such causes
h. Delays, stoppages, changes of schedule and route in relation to transportation facilities, and tour itinerary alterations and/or shortened stays at destinations owing to such causes
15. Special Indemnifications
Regardless of our responsibilities, under the special indemnification regulations stipulated in our Travel Contract, we shall pay prescribed compensation or provide
condolence money to a participant for certain damages of the life or body incurred due to coincidental or unexpected accident during the agent-organized tour within the amounts prescribed below.
Compensation for death: JPY15,000,000
Condolence money for hospitalization: JPY20,000 – 200,000
Condolence money for hospital commutes: JPY10,000 – 50,000
Any of the following cases shall be excluded.
Bacterial food poisoning
Damages of a patient incurred in free time while any travel service is not provided during our agent-organized tour
Some other cases
16. Itinerary Guarantee
If an important change in Contract Contents has occurred by any of the following reasons, we shall pay the change compensation within 30 days of the day following the date of completion of the travel. The change compensation will be ratio 1.1 to 1.5 percent time travel fee payable. Otherwise, we indemnify the client by providing goods or services that exceed an equivalent of the change compensation instead of cash payment, if the client so agrees.
(1) Change in the date of commencement of the travel or the date of completion of the travel mentioned in the Contract Document
(2) Change in the sightseeing spots or sightseeing facilities (including restaurants) or to their destinations of the travel to be visited mentioned in the Contract Document
(3) Change in the class or the facilities of the transportation facilities to those at a lower charge than that mentioned in the Contract Document (limited to a case where the total amount of the charges for the class and facilities after the change is lower than the total amount of the charges mentioned in the Contract Document)
(4) Change in the kind or the name of the company of the transportation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document
(5) Change in the kind of room, facilities, view, or any other condition of the room of the accommodation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document
(6) Change in the kind or the name of the accommodation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document
(7) Among the changes mentioned in the preceding items through, any change in the matters mentioned in the tour title of the Contract Document
The amount of a change compensation which we should pay per Travel Contract shall not exceed the amount arrived at by multiplying the Travel Contract shall not exceed the amount arrived at by multiplying the Travel Fee by the ratio of 15%. Furthermore, if the amount of the change compensation which should be paid per Travel Contract is less than JPY1,000, we shall not pay any change compensation. We shall not pay change compensation if changes were caused by any of the following reasons (provided, however, that compensation shall be paid if a change is caused due to the occurrence of a shortage of seats, rooms, or any other facilities of the transportation and accommodation facilities, etc., despite the fact that the Travel Service are provided by the transportation and accommodation facilities, etc.):
(1) Bad weather and natural disaster that hinder the itinerary
(4) Order of a governmental or other public office
(5) Suspension of the provision of services by transportation and accommodation facilities, etc., such as cancellation, interruption, suspended operation, etc.
(6) Provision of transport services not according to the original schedule, owing to delays in operation schedules
(7) Measures necessary for securing the safety of a travel participant’s life or person
17. Handling of Personal Information
We will use the personal information provided in the tour application forms only for communicating with clients and for arranging transportation and accommodations to provide the services request by the client.
18. Effectiveness of Terms and Conditions
The above tour conditions and tour fares are valid as of April 1, 2021.